Chosen pronunciation model: British English
In order to improve my intonation I have been listening to the podcasts of the British Council. I liked these podcasts very much, as besides the interesting topics they offered a great opportunity of spoken input too.
http://www.britishcouncil.org/professionals-podcast-english-listening-downloads-archive.htm
My next - supposedly long term - aim is to acquire the musicality and rhythm of the English language. In order to do so, I have started listening to http://www.ted.com/
where I not only find very interesting lectures, speeches and interviews but I can also study the transcript and with the Ben Franklin method I can learn how to use my voice when speaking in English. Apart from this, I have read that exaggerating the stress and the intonation can be very helpful for beginner pronunciation learners, so that they get used to the proper sound of the language, so I decided to give it a try.
As I have been searching for pronunciation exercises, I encountered some really funny tongue twisters provided by the British Council. They are quite a challenge and worth trying!
http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/tongue-twisters
Though the best pronunciation challenge is definitely the poem The Chaos by Gerard Nost Trenité. I know this amazing poem from grammar school, where I attended an English drama club. We divided the poem into smaller sections and performed it on a Talent Day. It was great fun practising it and we were so proud of what we learnt of the English pronunciation!

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen