Chosen pronunciation model: British English
My pronunciation problems might stem from the problem that when I started to learn English, acquiring the right sounds and learning the exact position of the tongue and lips when producing them was never really explained to me.
As time went by, I managed to master the pronunciation of most consonants. However, I still have some serious problems with differentiating vowels, such as:
/æ/ cat, /e/ met; /ə/ away, /ɒ/ rock, /ɔ:/ call
I have been practising them with the help of the BBC website (http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammar/pron/sounds/), though me producing these sounds is still far from perfect.
What I find especially complicated is pronouncing the words beginning with 'e-' or 'ex-'.
For example /ɪɡˈzɑːmpl/, extreme /ɪkˈstriːm/, exfoliate /eksˈfəʊlieɪt/ are all pronounced differently.
Concerning consonants, I had not been sure how to distinguish between 'V' and 'W' but since I watched Ronnie's video about it, it causes no problem any more.
I found Rachel's video concerning the 'TH' sounds also very helpful, as it explained the differences perfectly.

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen